With the new strains of the Covid-19 continuing to mutate and change, it’s important to remember some of the pharmacological potentials of Nigella sativa seeds. Their active compounds, including Thymoquinone, have been historically recognized as an effective herbal solution that can establish a balanced inflammatory response by dismantling chronic inflammation and promoting healthy immune response. The essential oil and other preparations of N. sativa seed have substantial therapeutic outcomes against immune disturbance, disfunction, viral and bacterial infections, in addition to cardiovascular disorders, hypertension & diabetes. Nigella sativa was recently reviewed as an alternative and promising herbal drug to combat, prevent, and cure COVID-19.
What Exactly is black seed oil? Nigella sativa, a tiny purple and white-tinged flower that produces fruit with tiny black seeds, growing in the western Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East, specifically Egypt, has been used as a remedial supplement for thousands of years.
The black seeds, which have even been found resting in King Tut’s tomb, are where the power truly lies! Once extracted from the seeds, black seed oil has a number of remedial benefits that have been used to heal and protect people since the day the pyramids were built. Sometimes used to add a little flavoring to food dishes or just consumed by themselves, black seed oil has been shown to have antioxidant qualities that can assist in relieving inflammation inside, and even outside, of the body! Studies suggest that this oil may offer many health and cosmetic benefits, such as aiding weight loss, improving skin conditions, and even treating cancer and diabetes.
Health benefits of black seed oil
Common health issues, such as asthma and high blood pressure along with a myriad of other conditions, can be treated by ingesting Egyptian black seed oil! Examples of other black seed oil health benefits include:
- Its effect in reducing inflammation in the airways may also help with bronchitis symptoms.
- Taking black seed oil as a daily supplement has been linked to reduce high cholesterol. The black seed extract is high in nourishing fatty acids, which assists individuals in sustaining healthier cholesterol levels. The fatty acids that are found in the seed oil include linoleic acids and oleic acid, making this an extremely beneficial supplement for anyone with high cholesterol.
- Ingesting black seed oil or even just the seeds themselves has been shown to be associated with diminishing stomach aches, bloating, cramps, and occurrence of ulcers!
- Taking black seed oil on a daily basis will assist in reducing rheumatoid arthritis symptoms, due to its association with relieving inflammation of the joints and tissues within the body.
Beauty benefits associated with black seed oil
Black seed oil has been shown to have multiple purposes and functions for problematic and irritating skin conditions, such as:
- Applying black seed oil to acne has been shown to significantly reduce the occurrence of acne on individuals after only two months of use!
- Using black seed oil on psoriasis patches has been showed to greatly reduce the size and frequency of psoriasis showing on an individual’s skin.
- Applying black seed oil on healing injuries can decrease swelling and the presence of bacteria, which ultimately aids in a person’s wound healing at a faster, and less painful, pace.
- Washing or applying black seed oil to hair can increase shine and soften it, creating healthy and hydrated hair.
As you can see, Egyptian black seed oil is multipurpose and has a myriad of benefits, ranging from decreasing the occurrence of acne on the skin to reducing cholesterol levels. Doctors’ Mohamed Saleh, M.D & Peter Schleicher, M.D., cowriters of the book, Black Cumin: The Magical Egyptian Herb for Allergies, Asthma, and Immune Disorders, suggest that 2 tablespoons daily will ward off most ailments. Usually, a daily intake of about 1 to 2 teaspoons is enough to get started, then work your way up to 1 -2 tablespoons as necessary. Black Seed Oil can have a very strong, peppery taste that takes some time adjusting to.
Adding our Egyptian Black Seed Oil to your daily vitamin regimen, or even just orally ingesting this supplement, will help you to better yourself from the inside out!
Be Well, Until Next Time!