10 Steps to being Eczema Free!!
Eczema, the dreaded skin condition that no one wants. While, thought to be caused by many different things, it’s linked to an overactive response by the body’s immune system to an irritant. It can show up as a red or rash in lighter complexions. If you have darker more melaniated complexion, eczema tends to look dark brown, purple or grey in color. Sometimes doctors can fail to diagnosis eczema due to the absence of the characteristic redness that they are used to seeing. Even when the eczema flare up has healed, the skin may look darker or lighter than the surrounding normal skin.
So let’s get right too it, because who really needs a lecture, you need a solution! I battled with eczema and related dark spots & scarring through out my childhood so I’m pretty much a self-proclaimed expert. I’m bias here, I have been told on several occasions that I apply way more moisturizer than the average person. However, I receive many compliments on how smooth, soft AND FREE OF ECZEMA my skin is…so extra moisturizer is key!! Follow this eczema treatment home remedy below and you will be eczema free in no time.
- Cleanse with a natural handmade soap and leave the harsh beauty bars at the store.
- Reduce the water tempuature when bathing, showering & cleaning. Too much hot water will cause a flare up like no other while making the skin tight, irritated and achy.
- If you have eczema on your hands, consider using gloves when cleaning and washing dishes & switch dish soap to something less harsh on the skin. I like to roll a bit of Ylang Ylang & Grapefruit Cuticle Oil on my hands before putting them in the gloves, so my fingers get an “hot oil” treatment while washing dishes.
- After bathing, dab dry with a towel instead of rubbing the skin. Dabbing reduces friction and is less likely to cause more irritation to your already inflamed skin.
- If your eczema is really bad or you just want some extra coverage, before you dab dry, mist the skin with our Hair & Body Oil then dab or air dry.
- After drying but while your skin is still damp, lather a good amount of our Whipped Body Butter all over your body or you could just apply to the areas with the Ezcema flare up. Let that absorb in to the skin for a few minutes.
- Wear cotton (or mostly cotton) against the body and sleep like a baby.
- Once the skin is no longer irritated, use the Skin Renewal Bilberry AHA Cream, Sugar or Salt Scrub to remove the dark spots. See our article on exfoliation and why you should make it apart of your skincare routine.
- In the morning, reapply Body Butter. Once your skin normalizes, you might skip this step…but at least apply to your elbows, ankles or any other exposed skin…be classy, not ashy.
- Repeat nightly!
Follow these steps and you will be on your way to being steroid, Rx cream & oral medication free in no time.
Some other tips that work well to prevent eczema flare ups is keeping the skin moisturized and staying hydrated (drink water). Dont be afraid to use the Body Butter generously. The thing about Eczema is that its essentially dry skin that has become inflamed. This skin condition can flare up with diet, so if you have a food intolerance or allergies, your eczema can get worse if you continue to eat things that your body doesn’t like. However, I have successfully cleared up eczema in adults, children and babies with the steps above no matter their diet.
Until Next Time!
Toni Rene Author
In my free-time I enjoy studying skincare, Herbalism and reading/researching scholarly & scientific literature on various topics. Who am I as a human? An inspiring naturalist cares about the environment, the well-being of myself and others. Find us on Social Media below!